Some days are just tough emotionally. I’ll have a difficult conversation with one of Aiden’s therapists (usually the physio), and some unimagined ramification of Aidy’s CP will hit home with a sucker punch. Like yesterday when I found myself discussing walkers for the first time. These days leave me emotionally vulnerable and off-balance for days as I wrap my head around the new information.
But you’ve got to carry on, you know? Dig deep for some extra brave. Exercise. Take a nap. Take yourself out for coffee and write a blog post to get some perspective. Whatever it takes to right the emotional ship.
- Aiden can sit on his own in the bath.
- Aiden is crawling.
- Aiden’s left hand is working so much better than it was.
- Aiden is happy. He’s not feeling sorry for himself; he’s just full of giggles, smiles and cuddles.
- I have friends I can call for sympathy after rough conversations.
- My kids slept through last night. (This is huge! I should be dancing on the tables with joy.)
- A weekend full of friends lies ahead.